Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 4 - 2nd post

If you're new to this...and I am, too...go to my first post below (scroll down) and then read this!!

Physical care Room So, have you joined me in drinking 8-8 oz glasses of water a day? I love milk so I am making myself drink a glass of water before I can have a glass of milk (or coffee for that matter) each morning. Then when I get to the student center (where I volunteer each day) I have to drink another glass of water. Sometimes I even have the cup of cocoa or an International Coffee. Anyway, I am keeping up with it. How about you? Or maybe you already drink all the water you’re “supposed” to and have some hints for me especially if it was ever hard for you to do.


Social growth Room I had an unexpected “vacation” night in Branson, MO at one of their Resorts. OK, honesty is the best policy…right!! I went with my dad. He had some things to check out at his condo but hey it was a night out. I won’t count this as my social commitment made yesterday. On Sunday I will ask a friend to the movies. It is really sad that I have not been to a movie theatre in months and months.


Financial Room I applied for another job today. The sad part is that it really did not appeal to me all that much. I will eventually find one.

The wife of the director of the student center where I volunteer (did you follow all that?) came in to talk to me and said that I should see if I can find missionary support and be a missionary right here in my own town. Who says a missionary has to GO anywhere, right!? It’s better all the way around if you stay in your own community to serve others. I’ll have to think about that. I already volunteer at the Christian Student Center and the college students seem to be willing and even eager to talk. Anybody already do anything like this? Any thoughts? I would probably approach the churches around here for possible funding. I’ve never attempted to do anything like that so to be honest it’s a pretty scary prospect.


Dreams or crafts or “me” time Room I create scrapbooks for my family. I love to use my camera and I had to have some way to share all those many, many, many pictures I was taking. When I first discovered digital scrapbooking I made a scrapbook for my sister, my brother's wife and for my parents. I want to make a scrapbook for my other sister and my other two brothers but I haven’t done that yet. I don’t have any children of my own so I take pictures and scrap them of my nieces and nephews. I have found it is a great way to share my passion.  If I were doing these totally on paper I would have to buy all those supplies 7 times over.  Doing it digitally I can create it once and print it out however many times I want or need.  Too cool!!


Spiritual thought/concept or Scripture Room I have a verse I love for times of trouble:

“Save me, O God!
For the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire,
Where there is no standing;
I have come into deep waters,
Where the floods overflow me.
I am weary with my crying;
My throat is dry;
My eyes fall while I wait for my God.”

Psalms 69:1,2 NKJV

Then I love the praise of Psalms 63:1-5


Saving money in a Tight Economy Room Are there things that frustrate you when you see money wasted for no good reason. I like paper towels – in their place - but to use paper towels for every little thing is just a waste, pure and simple. I have placed cloth hand towels (and replace them often) in all the places that I used to waste paper towels. I put several fingertip towels in the bathrooms, and dishtowels in the kitchen. Every time I go in the kitchen to cook a meal I pull out a clean kitchen wash rag to wash and rinse my fingers as I am cooking a meal. I never use it for meat unless I’ve already washed with the soap form the dispenser I talked about yesterday. (ha how’s that for linking days?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment