Monday, February 8, 2010

Scrapbooking in Photoshop

I thought I'd just post a couple of layouts I've done in the last few days of older photos.  This particular one was of my sister and I on a cruise we got to take to the Bahamas in 2008.  I liked the stamps just because the theme was travel and when you travel you usually send home a postcards.  Ok, maybe it's a bit loose but I liked it anyway.  I am in the purple swimsuit and I am red.  We walking down the hallway to our cabin and Brenda turned to take the photo but I have to admit I posed for it.  The little dog? was our room stewards effort at decorating our cabin and very appreciated.  The photo of Brenda is her actually posing for me in our cabin.  I could have done a better job of taking the flash out of the mirror behind her but I didn't.  That, is by the way, a great advantage of doing your own photo editing in Photoshop.  You can fix those kinds of things.  I just didn't do it for this one.
One thing that is really helpful and quite different about doing digital scrapbooking as opposed to paper scrapping I thought I'd point out here is that you can take photos like the one of the ship and fade it into the background.  Actually there's a lot of fading going on here from the compass and the map and the journaling mat.
This page is of my brother and his wife.  They are battling her cancer but keeping such good spirits while they do so.  I just really liked this layout.  I used two different pages and then the heart of jewels to frame their photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment