Friday, September 11, 2009

Movies, Scrapping Software

If you're new to this...and I am, too...go to my first post below (scroll down) and then read this!!

Physical care ROOM Wow!!  It's been a difficult week all around for just a multitude of reasons.  I am just doing OK on drinking water...what about you?  I don't get all 8 glasses drank every day but I am working on it. 
How about walking?  Are you getting that in?  I try to walk three times a week and do fairly well at it.
Now, I want to add working out with a video at home.  I will try to do that about three times a week.  I may althernate it with jumping rope.

Social growth ROOM OK, so far so good.  I am going to a movie with two friends and the friend who said she was going to have several of us over hasn't called yet but I that's not within my control.  Have you seen, "My Sister's Keeper" with Cameron Diaz, Abigail Breslin?  It looks incredible.  It was created by the same guy who directed, "The Notebook" a wonderfully fantastic movie if you haven't seen that one.

Financial ROOM I have been working on this.  Two first things to do here...ha how are you supposed to do two things first...here's how...you start one and then start the other but you're working on both together.  The first, first thing is to start keeping track of every penny you spend.  You may already have this but if not start.  If you keep a calendar just add expenses.  If you buy a $.59 soda write it down.  When you pay the mortgage write it down...you get the idea.  The second first thing is to start saving an emergency fund if you don't already have it.  You should have a minimum of $500 but $1000 is better.  This is not for ANYTHING but a real emergency.  Your car breaking down is an emergency, the water heater going out is an emergency, wanting a new outfit is NOT an emergency, wanting a new printer is NOT an emergency unless you use it for your business and then only if you really NEED it for your business.

Dreams or crafts or “me” time ROOM I have gone through tons and tons (OK it feels like tons) of photos and started scanning ones that I want to scrapbook.  How are  you doing on this if you've decided to do it...I totally understand that this is not everyone's thing but it really is important to me and I enjoy it.

Do you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?  I am going to start giving short lessons here if you're interesed.  You can buy either one on ebay and for a lot less than the going price especially if you're willing to take an older version and I don't mean so old that it's not relevant.  The latest version of Photoshop is CS4 but you can get CS3 for about $100 which is an incredible price considering that CS4 is in the neighborhood of $699.  YIKES!!  And even better you can download for FREE a 30-day trial version of CS4 to see if it's something you'd like before you ever have to buy it.

Spiritual thought/concept or Scripture ROOM "During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."  Daniel 2:19-23

Saving money in a Tight Economy ROOM This time I am thinking about cutting out as much expense as I can in all kinds of ways because I am trying to save that $500 I talked about above for emergencies and as I don't have a job that is going to be a trick.  I'm seriously considering a fall garage sale.  I have to have junk sitting around that I have either not used, looked at or in some way taken advantage of in the past year that needs to get out of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment