Monday, September 21, 2009

Scrapping a story & Debt free

If you're new to this...and I am, too...go to my first post below (scroll down) and then read this!!

Physical care ROOM Sometimes it is just so much simpler to go for a walk than to try to do exercises even on the a Pilates machine which I love. Working on it.
Social growth ROOM We did not end up getting to go to the movie this weekend. We volunteered to work at the concession stands for the PBR (Professional Bull Riders). It was actually really cool. We were with friends; we had fun and made about $600 for the student center where I volunteer my days anyway. I think we’re gonna do the same thing this weekend but it will be for the football game not bull riders.

Financial ROOM Wow, if you have not checked out any of Dave Ramsey’s financial planning stuff you should. It really is what we all need to be doing (living debt free) anyway and he is inspiring. He makes you feel like you can really do this. I am not taking the course, my sister is, but they have a guest class you can go visit and I went to the one about debt and paying off all your credit cards, tearing them up and NEVER using them again. I sincerely look forward to the day I don’t have to worry about debts anymore.

Dreams or crafts or “me” time ROOM “What stories about your family would you like to tell for yourself or future generations? I had a grandmother, who unfortunately is gone now, but I would love to scrap her story.” I wrote that in my last entry and my niece told me that she and her mom (my sister) laughed and laughed about the phrase, “scrap her story” but I have to tell you that’s what you’re doing. Ok, maybe I have been in scrapbooking circles too long now but when you’re writing a story and showing it in pictures and possibly using some “clip art” or in scrapping lingo that would be “elements” to fill in or make it more vibrant you are said to be “scrapping”. It does sound rather funny though!!

Spiritual thought/concept or Scripture ROOM Are you thinking about encouraging those around you and being aware when others are encouraging you? Do you have any encouraging words you’d like to pass along? I could use some. It feels very funny to ask but if you don’t ask you may not receive. Read Romans 1:11 & 12. Did you read it?

Saving money in a Tight Economy ROOM One way to save is to not spend…what a concept. I am not going to the store unless I just HAVE to and when I do I’m making a list and sticking to the list. Have you tried this? Does it work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment